Main Menu

My Booking

Main Menu

About Us

Main Menu


Driver's License

Drivers who are not from the EU need an international driver's license issued by the correct authority in your home country. It must have one page of information in Spanish. Remember that for insurance purposes your tourist status only applies for three months.


You also need to have valid insurance and all documents relating to the car (certified copies are OK).


Wearers must carry a spare pair in the car at all times.

Warning Triangle is Compulsory

Only one is required for non-Spanish registered vehicles. Two are required for Spanish vehicles, but to avoid difficulties with the police we recommend two triangles should be carried.

Visibility Vests are now Compulsory in Spain

They are also compulsory in Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, Norway and Portugal (and likely to become compulsory throughout the EU). The rules vary from country to country concerning number of vests required and whether they should be carried in the car or boot. Common sense suggests that there should be a vest for every occupant, and that the vests should be carried in the car, and put on before getting out. Do this and you will not have a problem. The jacket does not cost much to buy from local supermarkets and should be kept somewhere where it is visible from outside the car.

Spare Bulbs

You can also be fined for not having spare bulbs for the car lights and the tools to change them.

Snow Chains

Recommended to be carried in the Spanish Pyrenees and all mountainous regions of Spain during winter, and if you do not carry and fit them when conditions demand the police can prevent you continuing your journey.


Fire extinguisher (recommended)
First-aid kit (recommended)

The emergency services can be accessed by calling 112.
Police Service – 091
Ambulance service – 092
Fire Service - 080