Summer (June - August)
The distinct high season in Germany is during the summer months. This is when you will enjoy warm temperatures and long sunny days, with the possibility of an occasional rain storm. Average summer lows are 51ºF in June and 55ºF in August and average highs sit at 72ºF in June and 76ºF in August.
Spring season brings colorful open-air festivals, beautiful flowers that fill the landscape, and of course many outdoor activities. With the fine weather, however, comes the high tourist season, so expect prices to go up and the availability of accommodations to go down (make sure to book early).
Events and Festivals
- Bach Fest (Music Festival), Leipzig - June
- Hamburg Summer (series of cultural events) - Throughout May, June and July
- Floodlighting of the Castel, Heidelberg - June, July and September
- Mozart Festival, Wurzburg - Early June to early July
- Freiburg Wine Tasting, Freiburg - July
- Red Wine Festival, Rüdesheim/Assmannshausen - August
- Musikfest, Berlin - August